Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comic Con 2010: i-mockery presents Abobo's Big Adventure  (Read 2317 times)
Matt Simmons Offline
Administrator

« on: July 25, 2010, 05:02 PM »

During preview night at Comic Con, Gemakei got plenty of hands on time with the latest builds of upcoming game titles, but none was more surprising then that of Abobo's Big Adventure. Far on the other side of the exhibit hall I spied a peculiar looking arcade cabinet. It looked to be adorned with that of classic, NES era Nintendo art...but different. Approaching the machine I saw that it was titled Abobo's Big Adventure and starred none other then the mini boss from Double Dragon as the main star.

i-mockery has basically taken the template for about 8 or more NES games and replaced the hero with Abobo. Think of now famous Super Mario Crossover and you have a pretty good idea, however, Abobo's Big Adventure is even bigger and more crazy in scale. The level I played was based off Double Dragon and at first it seemed to be a simple role reversal of characters. Soon enough though I was doing more then just fighting Billy and Jimmy, I was kicking goombas, river city ransom gangs, and having explosive barrels hurled at me from an angry Donkey Kong on top of a building. As I was playing internet sensation Commander Kieth had been lured by the machine as well and was just as curious which is quite easy to see with a man of his tastes.

The game also featured a two player battle mode with even more gaming references to fight against such as the outside of Maniac Mansion. Another level on display was a Zelda dungeon with Abobo donning a sword and slicing up classic Zelda enemies along with Shy Guys and other random cameos.

Abobo's Big Adventure is a free to play game on the PC and will be releasing some time in the fall. It is important to remember that this is a work of fan art, not a business venture. i-mockery was selling some really awesome custom made T-shirts and posters as well which can be found on their website www.i-mockery.com though it seems to be down at the moment. Expect plenty of heads to turn in the fall when the final release of Abobo's Big Adventure takes the net by storm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRPZNHXbPU0#
Okoa Offline
Perfect Game of Pac-Man

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 05:30 PM »

Wow, that looks insane. I bet that's worth playing!
Anemones Offline
Saw the True Ending

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 10:15 AM »

Freeware or flash?
James Flynn Offline
Assistant Editor
Robotic Operating Bastard

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 06:12 PM »

The I-Mockery booth was one of the greatest booths at the con alone. That cabinet was cherry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

All Content © 2007-2014 Gemakei.
Legal · Staff Openings · Contact Us
SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines